Thursday, February 26, 2015

It takes a village to raise a child.

"It takes a village to raise a child" is what comes to mind when I think about my reasons to become a teacher. A child's "village" is comprised of many different people: his/her parents and/or guardians, grandparents, siblings, neighbors, pastor, Sunday school teacher, teacher, etc. These people are a crucial part of a child's life. These are the people who help guide children through today's world. Our children's "villages" have never been more important than they are today. Today's children are faced with so many challenges and opportunities, both good and bad, and need a support system to help guide them through life. For that reason, I have chosen to become a teacher - to be a positive light in each child's life and to encourage each child to become a lifelong learner. I know that I will be a part of every child's "village", and I believe that it is my responsibility to make sure they are cared for and are inspired to learn!

My degree, Child and Family Studies (Child Development), allows me to teach Pre-K/Kindergarten. My heart belongs to this age group. Mrs. Debbie Chaney, my kindergarten teacher, is the one who inspired me to become a teacher. I do not remember every detail about my kindergarten experience, but one thing I will never forget is the impact Mrs. Chaney had on my life. She was a part of my "village". She loved her kindergarten children as though they were her own and for that I am very appreciative!
Me and Mrs. Chaney 



I am starting this blog because I am in the final stage of my degree - student teaching! Each week I will post the things that we've learned during the week. I am excited and cannot wait to share with you the things that I am learning (as a student teacher) and the things the children are learning! Stay tuned!

Until next time!


"A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning." - Brad Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment